Wednesday 18 November 2009

SharePoint Fear and Loathing by Learning Professionals

I was surprised by the fear and loathing expressed around SharePoint yesterday at LearnTrends 2009.  I don’t think it’s the best tool out there, but it likely is the best tool being adopted by your IT department and is part of the Enterprise 2.0 plan in your organization.  My belief is that it’s going to be a big part of eLearning 2.0 for many workplace learning professionals.  SharePoint 2010 looks to be a much better product.

As such, I’m always looking for people who want to discuss how they are using it.  Certainly we’ll be doing more sessions like SharePoint in Corporate Learning - Free Micro Virtual Conference (see SharePoint Session Descriptions).  And I’ll continue to collect examples of how organizations are Using SharePoint.

In fact, towards that end, I would appreciate you connecting with me (email, LinkedIn) if:

  • You work in an organization that is using SharePoint and might be interested in sharing how you are using it.
  • You are a consultant who works on SharePoint workplace learning implementations.
  • You are interested in how SharePoint can better be used in your organization.

Look forward to connecting with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment