Monday 6 July 2009

LinkedIn Guide for Knowledge Workers

I do a lot of presentations where one of the topics is how to use LinkedIn more effectively as part of your knowledge work. In most cases, I will ask for a show of hands:

  • How many of you have a LinkedIn Account? - Generally 50-70%.
  • How many of you actively use LinkedIn? – Generally down to 10%.
  • How many of you get really high value from LinkedIn? - Now down to 2-5%

I am continually surprised by this result (Getting Value from LinkedIn). I can't remember how I could get things done without LinkedIn. And I consider knowing how to effectively use LinkedIn to be a core Work Literacy.

I wanted to collect together some of the resources I've found that can help you get more out of LinkedIn.

And, don't forget to look at my LinkedIn Connection Approach Rethought. Consider whether it makes sense for you to introduce yourself and connect via LinkedIn.

Based on a comment I just received, if you only have time for one resource - visit:

It shows the basics of what a lot of this is about.LinkedIn Basics

Leveraging LinkedIn

Profiles, Recommendations and Network Building

Using LinkedIn For Travel and Meetings

Groups on LinkedIn

Other Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment