Wednesday 8 April 2009

Top 9 Posts You May Have Missed

Since I'm out, I'm thinking this is a good time to point you to some past posts.  The last post was what I've been writing this year that social signals say is good reading.  Today, I want to point you to some posts that you may have missed along the way and a bit about why it might be worth reading.

#1 Social Learning Models and LMS and Social Learning

I've changed the title of the first post to make it more enticing.  While it talks in terms of SharePoint, really the patterns described relate to all different types of tools.

#2 Conversation Topics

Maybe while I'm out you could take me up on this and start a dialog on one of these.  For example:

24. A long, lost blog post that needs to be revisited.

80. A search tool other than Google that I use, when and why.

86. Hip learning trend during the past that was way over hyped.

99. How I find blog topics

#3 Data Driven 

I firmly believe and have seen how this approach to performance improvement really does move the needle.  I'm still not sure why there's not more discussion and adoption.

#4 - Examples of eLearning 2.0

Wonderful set of examples of what people are doing out there around social learning and eLearning 2.0.

#5 - LinkedIn Connection Approach Rethought

Take my vacation as an opportunity to walk up to me and introduce yourself in the biggest networking cocktail party in the world.  I'm frankly not sure why you are reading this and are not linked to me on LinkedIn or for that matter following me on twitter - @tonykarrer.

#6 - Corporate Learning Long Tail and Attention Crisis

Newspapers are failing by the day.  We need to pay attention to that and recognize that we are publishers as well.  Or at least we are right now.  As work continually moves towards concept work demand for publishing will decrease and enabling tools,  providing support and providing skills training will increase.  The fat end of the long tail and the loss of attention is a critical issue that I'm not sure we are really ready to come to grips with.  Can we file Chapter 11 for our training department?

#7 - Second Life Learning Videos

I still like these videos.  They really show some of the power of virtual worlds for learning.  Can you point me to a few more more recent videos that show this kind of thing?

#8 – PWLE

A bunch of posts (via eLearning Learning) all about the PWLE.  It's a PLE, but emphasis is on concept work.  And I still believe we need to be leading the charge around helping employees in our organizations figure out a rationale PWLE?

#9 - Social Grid Follow-up & ASTD Follow-Up

These are both follow-up posts to recent presentations.  Both of these I thought were pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment